Tuesday, July 1, 2008

YOUR DISH, NOT MINE

Before I do my todays post i have a small announcement to make.The open sesame 2 event voting has begun.If you did like my entry - nankhatai plz cast your vote for the same.Ofcourse one has to be a member of the dining hall forum to do that.Also if one is having problems logging in DH plz mail Siri or DK to resolve it.

Now back to my post.Lately i have been cooking dishes from other blogs and I really enjoyed them all.Click on the dish title to view the recipe.

Mango is undoubtedly my favorite fruit.I love anything made of mango.Shibani's mango bar


had been tempting me for quite a while, so finally made it.This is my 1st bar that i baked and am sure this is not the last.Thank u so much shibani .
Changes i made:-

Used canned mango pulp
whole wheat cereal instead of oatmeal





This is one of the best sandwiches i have had.I followed her recipe exactly as she is described without changing anything.It was very crispy and really tasty.Thank u shubha for this fabulous mumbai sandwich.


This is one of the most outstanding egg curry i have tasted.Very different from the usual egg curry i make.The unique thing that attracted me to this dish was the combination of various spices used and the shallow frying of the boiled eggs.Thank u so much meera for introducing such a flavorful dish to us.
Changes i made:-
Added tamarind concentrate instead of kokum and added little water to make the dish semi dry.

ASHA's MINT-COCONUT-PEANUT-CHUTNEY

Bored with the regular ginger coconut chutney?Then this is the right chutney to make.A small amount of toasted peanuts gives it a great nutty taste that is so welcoming.Thank u so much asha
Changes i made:-

Used more of cilantro since i didnt have mint.
Didnt add the seasonings.
But this didnt compromise the flavor of the chutney.We enjoyed it so much with idli and dosa.




Snake gourd is one of my favorite vegetable.
I usually make a simple upkari with it or sometimes a curry with coconut. When i saw valli's snake gourd curry i knew i had to make this soon.One of the simplest and very flavorful dish i was introduced to.Lovely combination of moong dal and snake gourd.Thank u so much valli.


Changes i made:-

Added some coriander pdr and cilantro to give a bit of masala taste to go well with chapathi.



MORE TO COME........:)

Awards time!!!!

I received some awards last week

Lathamma of yum blog gave me the inspiration award.I was really thrilled to have received an award from a person who inspire many people.Thank u so much lathamma.

Madhavi of recipes from my favorite place -kitchen gave me the blog with a purpose award :).I am really happy to have received this for the 2nd time.Thank u so much madhavi :)

JZ of tasty treats and Divya of easycooking gave me the big bear hug award.I am really happy to have received this one.This one is special coz it feels gr8 to receive a hug even though its virtual :).Thank u JZ and divya.

I would like to pass on this award to Madhuram of eggless cooking , Arundathi of food blog, DK of culinary bazaar,Siri of siri's corner, Lathamma and Laks of yum blog,Divya of dil se,Bhags of crazy curry ,srivalli of cooking 4 all seasons ,Raaga of singing chef and swathi of chat khor.

29 comments:

FH said...

Loving all those dishes you made, love all Meera's recipes, good job Ranji, glad you enjoyed my mint chutney without Mint! Hahhaha! It tastes great anyway!:))

Enjoy all the awards,that's one really giant bear!:))

@the_whisk_affair said...

wow!! this sure is a great spread ranji!! i admire ur effort to try so many recipes from other blogs, great job!! and congrats on ur awards! :-)

Meera said...

What a wonderful spread, Ranji. Everything looks great.
Thanks for trying my recipe. and letting me know. I loved your variation of tamarind too.

You are really sweet.
Congrats on all your well-deserved awards.

Sum Raj said...

great job ranji....looks tempting and luved all ur pic...congrats on ur awards....

Madhavi said...

Congratulations Ranji :)) All those dishes looks awesome!!!

ranji said...

hahahha Asha..yeah i regretted a bit about not adding mint but i wanted that chutney so badly that i had to compromise some of the flavors...but it was a welcome change from the regular coocnut chutney...

Thank u so much JZ..

Meera..the egg curry was really yummy..loved it..thank u so much..am glad u liked it.

Thank u so much suma and madhavi :).

Trupti said...

Congratulations Ranji on ur award & all dishes looks yummy.

Cham said...

Beautiful dishes Ranji :) Enjoy ur award :)

Srivalli said...

thats a nice set of dishes you have tried ranji!...thanks for the feedback!

Divya Kudua said...

great spread ranji..congrats on your awards too!!

Arundathi said...

thank you so much for the award, ranji! and congrats on yours!

Bhags said...

enjoy your awards Ranji....thanks for the giant bear hug....needed it

Unknown said...

wow Ranji the dishes and photographs look so nice.Hey the bars look so great and now I think ur bars look more better. ha ha ha. nice to try with wheat cereals.I will also try doing it next time.The egg curry sounds great too.Let me check Meera's curry.

Andhra Flavors said...

Congratulations Ranji.That's a cool slide, good one.

Andhra Flavors said...

Congratulations Ranji.That's a cool slide, good one.

Unknown said...

Hello Ranji!! Superb display:) I loved each and every photot:) The mango bar looks perfect, so are the others:) I am looking forward to prepare that mumbai chutney:) You definitly deserve that Big bear hug:)

Raaga said...

amazing... this gives me a different high each time... and thanks for the award

@the_whisk_affair said...

theres something for u on my blog!!

EC said...

You have been very busy with these dishes...Congrats on the award

kamala said...

I especially like those mango bar Ranji..Congrats on ur award

lakshmi said...

finally someone gives me a bear hug!! omoshiroi khush hua - muahahahaha

Unknown said...

Thats so nice ranji..U have tried so many..I have a lot bookmarked waiting to be tried..And thanks for the award dear..

Uma said...

delicious spread ranji! they must have tasted great. congrats on the award.

Sagari said...

looks u had a wonderfulll days with all those yummies

TBC said...

You certainly have been busy in your kitchen! :)

J said...

You've been enjoying quite a spread!

@the_whisk_affair said...

hey ranji, theres something for u on my blog, from the bottom of my heart! :-)

Dori said...

Everything looks awesome! Congratulations on your awards!

Latha Narasimhan said...

HUGS to you dear! :) mango bar is looking lovely! Must try! :))