Monday, June 16, 2008

CHICKEN ROGANJOSH with MOOLI KA PARATHA

I got the recipe for roganjosh from one of my favorite blogger.In a short period of time we became very good friends.Apart from being an excellent cook with great plating skills she is warm ,friendly and a comfortabe person to talk to.With a lot more push from all of us she can simply create wonders.Still wondering whom i am talking about?I am talking about none other than JZ of Tasty treats .

From the day i saw her roganjosh dish recipe i was really tempted and knew it would be a sure winner in my house and i was right.My hubby loved it so much that he has asked me to make it more often.I made slight changes in the recipe.I used chicken instead of pork and skipped the use of cream as i didnt have it at the time.But that didnt compromise the delicious flavor of the dish.I am sure it would only make it tastier.The recipe also called for cooking the dish in the oven but since boneless chicken breasts cooks up fast i did it over the stove top.Original recipe can be found here .

It tastes great with rice or rotis.We had it with some yummy mooli ka parathas .
I am sending this dish to vandana rajesh's chicken event.

INGREDIENTS

Chapathi flour - 2 cups

oil - 3-4 tbsp

grated radish - 1 1/2 cups

onions - 1 cup , grated

red chilli pdr - 1 tsp

green chillies - 3 nos , chopped fine

coriander odr - 2 tsp

garam masala - 1 tsp

Hot water - approx. 1/4 - 1/2 cup

salt to taste
METHOD

In a bowl mix flour,salt and oil.Nicely mix it together until the flour is evenly moist from the oil.Squeeze out the water from the grated onion and radish and add it into the bowl.Now mix the rest of the ingredients except water.Slowly add the hot water and combine everything together until it forms a soft, smooth dough.Refrigerate it for atleast 1 hr before making the parathas.Make small lemon size balls of it.Heat a griddle. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.Do not make it as thin as a chapathi,keep it slightly thick. Put it on the hot griddle and toast it until both the sides get slightly brown.

I am sending this for Sri's roti mela event.


Awards time :).

Last week i was showered with some more awards.No matter how many times i receive it i feel the same thrill and excitement each time.

JZ gave me the rocking girl blogger and good chat blog award.Thank you so much JZ.I am really happy to receive this from you.

Shubha and Sireesha gave me the yummy blog award.Thank u so much Shubha and Sireesha.I am very grateful to you gals.

I also received an Inspirational award from Suma,Madhavi and JZ. The thought of me inspiring someone itself is so inspiring to me.Thank u so much gals, you are very sweet and kind.This is a very special award that i will cherish it forever.


This award was started by Jamie of the Flavour Pantry. According to Jamie,

“This is given to bloggers whose stories and recipes inspire us. Whether it’s to eat healthier, dive back into our past to conjure up something we ate as children, or just make the light bulbs in our brains go on with a new idea for a recipe. As recipients of this award, please share with us what inspires you and then pass on the Inspiration Award to 4 other deserving bloggers. Please let them know what the award means and what to do with it.”

Wow!!what a wonderful concept Jamie.Thank u so much for starting this award that is so inspiring and motivating many of us to do better.

What inspires me?

1)My parents with their unconditional love and support always keep me on the positive outlook.

2)My bro who always keeps me laughing with his great sense of humour and with his suggestions that helps me improve.

3)The almighty god who gives me strength to face difficulties in life and gives me hope that helps me move forward in life.

4)Many bloggers who motivate me with their encouraging and sweet words.

5)Last my hubby who supports me and is always there to share my joy and sorrow.


Now i would like to pass on this award to:-

Roopa of My kitchen treats

Asha of Aroma

Suganya of tasty palettes

Sunitha of sunitha's world

Congratulations to all of you!!!

and hey Siri has put up the much awaited AWED-middle eastern cuisine round up ..click here to see it.

20 comments:

Finla said...

WOw that is one good delicious looking chicken josh.
Congrats with the awards

@the_whisk_affair said...

PERFECT!!!! nobody cudve made it any perfect! and **BLUSH** thanks a lot for mentoning me!! loved reading ur post! and the pictures, OMG! u just created a masterpiece girl! try it in the oven next time, u dont have to sweat at the stove that way!! glad u tried it out and has become ur fav too :-)and mooli ka paratha sounds like a good partner too...

congrats on the awards!! enjoy! good day!!

Srivalli said...

wow..chicken rogan josh looks wonderful..and the roti too..thanks for the entry!

Unknown said...

Wow Ranji, Rojan gosh looks perfect!! Congrats on so many awards!! I can imagine how excited you must be now:) Thanks a lot for considering me for the award!

FH said...

Oh, wish I could grab some of Rogan Josh, I have Chapatis!!:D

Excellent color, love it. Great entry of mooli parathas too!:)

FH said...

Oh, forgot! Enjoy your awards, thanks for mine too, will add!:)

Uma said...

congrats on the awards, Ranji! the roti looks delicious.

Cham said...

Could you send the plate here, i am hungry Dear.... Very appetizing one....
Congrats on your award :)

Dori said...

Wow, that really does look awesome and I'm sure tastes too good with the chicken!!! Congratulations on your award!

Sum Raj said...

Luved the colour of ur curry and mulli ke parathe sounds great with the grated onion...very good combo and mouthwatering chicken recipe....have idea to try this...congrates on ur awards and enjoy

Siri said...

so sweet of u to link up the AWED roundup Ranji..:)..Being a veggie, can't say much about the curry.. but the gravy looks rich.. may be I will substitute with Aloo!!

Hugs,
Siri

vandana rajesh said...

That looks absolutely delicious ranji...thanks for the entry.

KonkaniBlogger said...

Wow Ranji, tht chicken really looks fabulous and must have been just great with the mooli parathas. Enjoy ur awards and COngrats!

J said...

Roganjosh looks lovely, thanks for sharing the recipe!

ST said...

Mooli paratha looks lovely......

Madhavi said...

Congratulations Ranji on ur well deserve award dear :)) Mooli paratha looks awesome perfect with mango pickle, yuummyy :))

Devi Priya said...

Mooli parata yum! must have been a treat to the family! parata with colorful curry!

Meera said...

COngrats on the well deserved award. Mooli ka paratha & rogan josh look delicious.

Suganya said...

Thats sweet of you, Ranji. Thank you very much.

Swati Raman Garg said...

aaaah this is that roganjosh i read about in JZs blog haan....
sahi ... lovely color .. amazing....
and u know what next tim i try chicken its definitely gonig to b this... i wanted to try a red gravy and this color is totally fantastic